Thursday 30 August 2018

Reporting on my wild and goosey blocks

I thought I would post about the wild & goosey paper piece blocks I have been working on.  This was the part of the "block-a-day" that I am trying.  


This last batch has a lot.  I started this system at the end of June and since, I have been trying to do one per day, plus an extra to catch up for the beginning of the year.


To be honest, it's not been going too well.  I started falling behind almost from the start.  Do you know how hard it is to commit to doing something once a day?  It's not that it's hard, because it isn't.  It's not even time consuming, as I can finish a block in about 15 minutes.  It's really all about the consistency of getting to it every single day.

Since I've taken the above picture, I have finished the top half of August.  I still need to do at least two per day though if I want to finish the blocks for December.  As I fell behind, I was doing four per day just to get me back to the current date.

I still have faith that I will catch on to doing a "block-a-day" and once I am done with these blocks I can move on to the mini log cabin blocks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment