Thursday 16 August 2018

I've been bitten by the Jelly-Roll Rug bug

A couple of weeks ago, just before my holidays, I was on Pinterest and came across a post about making a Jelly-roll rug.  That is all it took for me to be bitten by the bug.

I am always looking for ways to help use up those scraps of fabric that are hard to fit into a quilt, like the older type themed type fabrics with beige backgrounds and characters like bears or bunnies, and sometimes angles or rag dolls.


So, I got online and ordered a pdf version of the pattern and had it printed within minutes.  The next day I was sorting through my scraps for difficult to use up fabrics.  The pattern calls for two jelly rolls.  When I looked it up online, I found that two rolls would measure about 50 meters.

By the time I sorted through what I had pulled out and cut the strips, I had just enough.  I pulled from my scraps of cotton batting and started cutting them into strips too.


Do you like my pile of fabric strips?  This is the pile after I sorted out the colours in the order that I wanted them with a general order of starting with the lightest fabric and working out to the darkest.  This is the pile of fabric strips flowing on the floor as I sewed all the strips together using a mitered seam, like you would use to make a binding.

Thus far it has been fairly easy.  I am taking my time going through the steps, as I work on many other things that need to be done around here.

I can't wait to see how the colour choices turn out.  I am thinking that this rug pattern would work with just about any type of fabric colours and combinations.

Have you been bitten by the jelly-roll rug bug yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment