Monday 13 August 2018

Sleeping bears

I quilting this cute little baby quilt for a client.  The quilt is primarily done in soft blues and pinks.  Now that the quilt is quilted, the client will be able to add in the sleeping eyes of each bear.  The eyes I am curtain will make a big difference.  It's often the little details that make the most impact.
  

To my eyes, the bears are sleeping on a quilt made up of small squares.  The squares are sewn together and the Bears are appliquéd laying on top of their quilt.  The stars in the sashing corner stones are also appliquéd on. 


My client decided to go with the edge to edge hearts pattern called Whole Lotta Love from Urban Elementz.  I love the texture it creates.


It turned out well and the customer was happy with the results.  That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment