Friday 11 August 2017

Update on the Purple Stars quilt

Yesturday, I was making headway on my Purple Stars quilt.  I had the day to work on it.  Things we're going along smoothly.  With every block, my free motion quilting is improving.  Yay!  Here is a picture of the ribbon design I am using on the star points.  I am liking all that I have done so far.


I have only one more row to quilt.  Yay!!!  I am cheering myself on, while listening to a romance audiobook on my iPod.  I am seeing the end of the tunnel.  I roll up the quilt and thought to myself wooh, nothing like cutting it close for the batting.............


 *#%^{*}^#%#^{*|+[^{^=+*^%. That was before I notice where the leader clip was.  I just wanted to cry.  I am 6" short on the backing.  How did this happen?  This was a pre-packaged backing that was 108" X 108" and my quilt is not.  I should have had more than enough backing!  Did they cut it wrong?  Has anyone else had this problem?  


What a set back............  So this morning after a late night movie to take my mind off of this mess and a good nights sleep, I am geared up to go.  I will just deal with this.  It is not the end of the world.  I can do this!  I will finish the last row, take the quilt off the frame, add fabric to extend the backing, and wait for my large curved ruler to arrive, so I can re-load the quilt to do up the final border.

I should never have assumed it was the right size (measure twice theory).  Looking on the bright side.....learning how to handle adding pieces to a partially quilted quilt, and learning how to reload a quilt after it has been mostly quilted, is good......lol.

There is always a bright side, if you look hard enough......if you don't find it, make it up.  Lol. So long as you deal with it and don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment