Friday 4 August 2017

Another one bits the dust

Another one bits the dust..........and now there are four.

This block finish is kind of funny.  You can find inspiration everywhere, you just have to pick up on the clues.  This one was a BIG clue.  I started off this morning taking care of emails catching up on Facebook and so forth.

While I was reading Facebook there was a post from American Patchwork, saying happy August.  It went on to ask if you have joint the challenge. The UFO (UnFinished Objects) challenge and saying that it wasn't too late to join.


I know I read about it, at the beginning of the year, I believe.  Basically, it was to make a list of twelve UFOs that you wanted to finish this year, and every month they would pick a number.  You would work on trying to finish the quilt that corresponded to that number.  That is about all I remember of it, but I thing there was more to it, like sending in your finish and stuff.

Anyways, this Facebook notice said August was number five.  I didn't sign up for the challenge when it started, as I had enough on my plate to deal with, but I did have a list of twelve quilts of my own.  So.........just for fun I got off my tablet and looked up my list, to see what I had listed for number five.

I bet you guessed it!  It was my Dresden plate quilt.  So I quickly finished my tea and got started on my block.  The challenge gave me a direction.  Another block now done and the other three are sewn down in the centre round.  Maybe I will take them up for the challenge of August.  It my help keep me focused.  I seem to be scattering all over the place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment