Tuesday 8 August 2017

This is what is under my needle

I am working on my purple stars quilt.  I am trying to get this one ready for the show.  I loaded the quilt on Sunday and managed to get one and a half rows done, of a total of six rows.


I am using a 60 weight thread in a cream colour, so that I do not have to change out the thread with each colour in the blocks.  This colour will blend well with all the colours.  In the purple sections, depending on how light the purple is, you will barely see the quilting.   This way you will see the texture of the quilting, but the quilt pattern itself will be the focal point. 

In the purple star points, I quilted two ends of a twirly ribbon.


In the middle of the star, on the deeper green, I did a double half moon all the way around the block along each corner.


Not shown in the post is the corner unit of the star block, which is the chain for light green that goes from corner to corner.  In them, I did a loop chain, and in the cream colour background fabric I did loop-da-loop, also known as a cursive letter l or e depending on size.

It is coming along well.   Hopefully before long I will have it done and ready for binding and a label.

No comments:

Post a Comment