Sunday 16 July 2017

Working on my Canadian Northwind quilt

It has been a busy weekend with family, but in the morning I got to work on the Northwind blocks and between them making the sub units for the Xmas Solstice quilt.  Still too many blocks to start getting excited.  Bit by bit it will get done.


Non-quilting related.   I took a picture of a rose from a cutting, my mother and I took, last year just before she moved, from her old home garden.  I was surprised to see a bloom on it this year already.  This is an old fashion tea rose and unlike some of the newer variety, this one has a scent.


I also took a picture of some bee balm in my garden.  I like this plant, as the flowers are unusual comparison to other plants.  This one is a purple almost turning magenta.  There are many other colours available too.  I think I will move a clump of these, to another part of the garden and spread them around.  My garden is still a work in progress.  The hardest part right now is keeping the dog out of it.


Happy quilting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment