Monday 10 July 2017

Finished the borders on the Purple Stars quilt

Last week, I had some time to finish my borders on the purple stars quilt.  This one is now waiting to be quilted.  This quilt is also going to be in the show this coming October.  Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.  This quilt is going to display my custom quilting, so it really needs to be quilting to show.
  

Last week, I posted about my pineapple blossom block using Christmas material.  Do you remember?  The grey was too dark and blended in with the Christmas fabric, so I tried the white instead.  The white was good for contrast.  So, why did I do another one with gold?  Well, I liked the white, but I was looking for a warmer feel.  I wanted contrast but with a softer look.  I thing the gold will do it.


Now I can move forward with this quilt.  These two quilts are on my top 12 priority list.  I am not sure if I will be able to finish the Christmas quilt, but it will advance further from now until the end of the year when I see how successful I was with the list.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment