Thursday 6 July 2017

Playing around with a new to me grid design

I bought this panel many years ago on sale, but put it away, as I didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  I took it out for a practice piece.  I saw this design on YouTube through Tracey from Whirls and Swirls quilting.  This is one of her grid designs.


I thought it was very pretty and feminine looking.  When the design is done there is a secondary design that is created when the two sides meet.  Above and below are pictures of the blocks.  As you can see I still need to practice it, but I think it is pretty good for my first go round of this design.


Here is the panel.  It is simple, and good for practicing.  In the alternate blocks I outlined the roses and did stippling around it, all while going from left to right and back again without rethreading.


Movement is starting to come easier for me, granted I still need to practice, practice, practice, if I am to get as good on the longarm as I am on the domestic machine.  Slowly but surely it will come.

Now I have to load up my mom's quilt that she gave me to practice on.

No comments:

Post a Comment