Sunday 23 July 2017

Converting a placemat pattern

After my post yesturday, speaking about using up orphaned blocks to make a NICU quilt, I realized that I was given this cardboard kit.  The kit is for a pretty placemat.  There is only the one, and I don't have these fabrics if I wanted to make more.  So it sat around for a bit.  Once I realized a purpose I pulled it out and started making it.  

I am going to make another NICU quilt.  This is a placemat, so it would be wider than it would be high, however once I add in some extra borders to the top and bottom, it will be square.  The aim is for it to finish at 25" X 25" square.


I don't have any details about this kit, other than it is called Heaven's Above.  The packaging did not share the source or the designer.  I wouldn't even know where to get another one, or even if they are still available.


Friday night I assembled half of the placemat.  All day Saturday, I was practicing on the longarm and trying to finish a queen size quilt, so did not work on this placemat.  I am thinking today, there may be some time, after I finish the queen size quilt (if I haven't under estimated the time required to finish it), to work on the second half of this placemat.  Later, I can figure out what to do about borders.

I am hoping for a productive day, as I still need to work on the quilts going into the show.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment