Thursday 8 May 2014

Progress on the Xmas Mystery quilt

Last Saturday I got some quilting done on a quilt for a friend from my Quilting Bee.  I was able to get all the in-the-ditch quilting done.  Now I am trying to process in my brain what will look nice for the quilting and what my friend will like as well.  So, while I take some time to find the right design, I put the quilt aside and started on getting some steps of Bonnie's Celtic mystery quilt done.  

I now have all the HSTs done.  I sew them in sets of five.  Place them on the ironing table that I keep beside my sewing table.  When they are all done I will iron them, snip the thread between them and snip the dog ears.


See all the nicely piled rows of HSTs.  I organized them in groups with the red triangle all the same.  


From here I grouped them in groups of four to complete the pinwheels that I need to make.  Doing it this way helps me to make sure I done have repeats or end up with all the same fabrics getting place together.  What you don't see here is the next step that I started, which is to sew the top two together and the second two.  This is so I will not lose the order or if things get dropped I won't have to start over again.  Once they are sewn into pairs they are safe and if I need to move on to something else for a time I will know exactly where I left off.


No comments:

Post a Comment