Tuesday 6 May 2014

A Double Irish Chain quilt

The Double Irish Chain quilt done in Amish style with solid colours.  The first picture does not do the quilt justice.  The quilt was too big for me to get the whole thing in the frame.  The colours are turquoise and purple on black.  The second and third pictures are close ups of the quilting.  The third photo also shows you a section of the backing.




The next quilt is of my scrappy Double Irish Chain quilt.  This was in the beginning of my learning to quilt.  I was learning the importance of light and dark to help your design to stand out.  In this one I feel I may have stretched the boundaries a bit too far.  You can see it when parts of the design blends into the row beside it.


I thought I only had the two Double Irish Chain quilts.  There is one more though.  This one is a little different.  This one is a mini quilt.  As you can see from the picture below the quilt is 10 1/2" wide.  The little blocks themselves are 1/2" square.  The second picture below is a close up of the quilting.  This quilt was done using my red and white collection of fabrics.  The smallness of the blocks makes it a bit more difficult to make, especially when it comes to the quilting. 



Hope you enjoyed the collection if Irish Chain quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment