Tuesday 13 May 2014

Deboning shirts for use in quilts

On the weekend I also took some time to clean up a bit in my quilting room. I gathered up the men's shirts that I had.  I collect men's shirts to make a scrappy quilt.  There is a lot of fabric in a mans shirt.  I deboned the shirts.  Below is a pile of the garbage.  I don't keep the cuffs or the collars.  I have to admit that I am lazy and couldn't be bothered to cut so intricately around all the seams.


As you can see my bin of men's shirts is full.  With the next batch of shirts I get, I will have to decide what pattern I will make with them.  I am not sure what, but maybe along the way something will come to me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  At one time I was thinking of a triangular log cabin block.  What do you think?


This quilt though, stays on the back burner for a while.  I still have 23 others to try and finish first.  Part of quilting is preparation and part of preparation is collecting the fabrics.  Collecting the right fabrics for a project is time consuming, but part of the fun is in the hunt, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment