Thursday 23 June 2022

Quilt inspiration, two gorgeous quilts made by a friend

Today after work, I headed out to meet some old work friends, part of the original group of girls, for our dinner night out.  It is always nice getting out with the girls and catching up with what everyone is doing.  I haven't any quilting things that I worked on today, other than sorting out some pictures, so I will just get right to the.....

Back in time:

It was June 24/2019 at the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild meeting where my friend Maryann showed her quilts at show and share.  She made three of them this particular time.  This first one, I have to apologize for the quality of the pictures.  The colours are so earthy and the pictures do not do the quilts justice.

This first one is a simple block that takes the colour inspiration from the large border fabric separating the last row of blocks.  I like the idea of this large border.  I am thinking that the centre blocks would fit the size of the top of the mattress and the large border would do the profile of the mattress, followed by another row of blocks to finish it off.


This next picture is a closer look at the border fabric that the colours were chosen from.  Again I apologize for the quality of the picture.  Up close the border is a unique flower vine.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  It's a feather with a swirl, called Feather Grande from Urban Elementz.


This next quilt is also a simple block and really effective in different shades of black, grey and beiges.  It's the same block.  A star within a star.  They all look different depending on the colour placement.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  This one is called Cropped Circles from Urban Elementz.


Both of these quilts are versatile and can be made up in any colourway.  The first one you can pick your own feature fabric and pull coordinating fabrics for the blocks.  I'll show you the third quilt tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment