Tuesday 28 June 2022

My quilting rhythm

A few days ago, I told you a bit about myself.  Yesturday you learned that I love most things scrappy, and today I wanted to share just a bit more about me and my quilting rhythm.  This is more from the same post that I wrote about a few days ago.  

If you are reading this post, I would guess that you are into quilting and so you would know that the process of making a quilt can take a long time, depending on the pattern and size that you are making.  I am usually all over the place with my many quilts on the go.  I rarely work on one quilt from start to finish, all in one go.  There are times that I work on many things at once, because I need variety in my quilting, just as we do in life.  Other times I have the concentration to do the one project for a long time.  It changes all the time.  The reason I say this is so that you won't be surprised when I show you different parts of  various quilts at different stages of completion, from one day to the next.   I tend to go with the flow and whatever the mood dictates, unless I have deadlines that is.  It helps me get more done.  Nothing worst than doing something you don't like or don't want to do.  

So there you have it.  Me and all my quilting quarks...lol.  I know that I am not alone.  I think it comes with a creative brain, that never stops wondering what if...

Today I am back at the kitchen backsplash tiles.  Likely no quilting for me today, but soon.  I am really looking forward to the upcoming Shop Hop starting on Saturday.  I will be working hard all week and come Saturday, I will take time to play and fondle fabric...lol. 

Back in time to Sept 3rd/2019:

This is when I was practicing my free motion quilting on a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Carolina Chain.  This was done completely scrappy, and to be honest, a bit too scrappy even for my taste.  I quilted twirls in all the chain squares, ribbon candy in the sashing and lines using rulers for the rest.


I enjoyed making the blocks and using all the funky fabrics.  I think I may make this one again, but next time I'll tame it down with a consistent sashing.

Back to work for me.  Take care and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment