Friday 24 June 2022

More show and share at the Guild meeting

Today!  Yeah, it's Friday!  And for me it's a Friday of the start of my week long vacation!  Wooohooo!!  I just finished work, I'm going to write this post, go to see about dinner. take the dog for a walk and take it easy the rest of the night, as this weekend I start on the renos.  This week I am aiming to completely finish the kitchen, with tile backsplash, hood fan installation, baseboards, some plaster and finally painting the ceiling, walls, doors and baseboards.  

It will be a busy week and likely little time for quilting.  BUT, to reward myself, my mom and I are going to join in on the local Quilt store's Shop Hop that is going on all the month of July.  I've divided up the amount of stores and the Saturdays in the month and aim to hit them all.  If I don't make it, it is not due to the lack of trying...lol.  It has been so long since we've been driving around the back roads visiting quilt stores or antique malls...covid has put a damper on that sort of thing.

Since there has been no quilty things going on today, unless you count cleaning up my sewing room work areas, enjoy the back in time to June 24th/2019:

A continuation from yesturday's post...from the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild meeting.  

Another friend Susan P. made this lovely quilt.  It's in the form of a bar quilt with lots of 9-patches and half-square triangles.  My apologies for the quality of the picture.  The lighting in the basement of this church is not great.  The fabrics are beautiful and bright Kaffe Fassett.


Here is the third quilt from Maryann.  This one used up some scrappy 2 1/2" squares with a soft creamy background.


Back at this time I was fairly busy with trying to get my gardens in order, planting a couple trees and lots of customer quilting going on, that I didn't get much of my own work finished.  I did get a good amount of progress on some of my quilts (works in progress - WIPs), but no finishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment