Saturday 25 June 2022

About me and admiring some lovely batik fabrics

I had to laugh while reading one of my older posts from April/2014.  I was thinking of re-introducing myself and updating details to fit my current life situation.  The thing is, as I read the post, I was thinking it sounds like I could have written it now instead of back in time.  Not much has changed...  

Background about me:  Quilting is still right in the middle of everything I do...I admit to being obsessed with quilting, but there are many other things I do as well.  I am a wife and mother of three, a daughter, a son and an adult stepson, who has given us two grandchildren (a boy and a girl).  I have an aging parent (my father passed away about 6yrs ago) and siblings who have children of their own (now all adults and having children of their own).  I still work full time and now I do a lot more quilting for others on the side (now with a longarm).  I just recently, a year ago this past May, purchased a home in Acton.  I am in the process of renovating it, planting trees and other landscaping.  The renovations are probably about 90% done and I am really only getting started with the landscaping.  For my quilting I make many quilts that I donate and shortly after joining the Halton Hills Quilter's Guild I became an executive member.  First doing the workshop coordinator, and now this past year, the President.

So as you see and as my post of 2014 stated, it can get pretty hectic around here.  Through it all my family is still very supportive of my need to include quilting in my life.  When I need some down time to sew a few stitches, they understand. Otherwise, I consider us to be your typical Canadian family with a whole lot of ups and some downs.

I hope that helps you get to know me a bit and helps you understand, maybe, where I am coming from when I write my posts.  There may be times, like this week, where I am busy doing other things in my life that have to be done, but even if I don't have time to physically quilt, you can bet that I am thinking and dreaming of quilting...lol

So...to give you a bit of eye candy and add some quilt related content, here is a back in time to July 26/2019: 

This is a quilt made by a friend Mary.  I absolutely love her variety of batik fabrics.  Some of them are so unique.  Close up of the fabrics.  I like that light floral batik fabric at the bottom right hand side and that fern border.....nice.


This next picture is a close up of the quilting.  This quilt is quilted with Whisper from Urban Elementz.


Here is the completed quilt, only needing the binding.  Lovely, isn't it?  Nice lap size quilt.


Now to get going on starting my renos.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!  Keep safe and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment