Wednesday 22 June 2022

Looking back and seeing the progress

For the past month or so, I started to have my morning tea and start the day with some handwork before I have to login for work.  I have been enjoying the quiet time and making a more consistent amount of progress on my hexie quilt.  As I was looking back in time through my photos, I came across this one from July 9/2019.  This was the last picture I took of this, before I had to take it off the design wall in preparations for our moving/packing.  This was at the time where I was with the top.

I have been making slow progress on this quilt as I didn't have much time to sit and do handwork, so it was an off and on again type thing.  But, as I look back, I realize that I have come quite a ways on this.  I guess this back in time business really helps to see it and you get to have a flash of progress without having to wait all that time in between.


About a couple of months ago I finished off adding the last few diamonds to the top half of the hexagon quilt.  That was when a really got excited and decided to try my best to work on this handwork more consistently.

It makes a difference, because just in the last couple of months working about 30-45 minutes most mornings, I have been able to get these florets with border and partial diamonds in this next picture done.  That's a lot in my eyes.

I have only two more floret pieces to do, to complete this left side border of the quilt!  I am so excited and that keeps me motivated to continue.  I am also trying really hard not to get distracted by pulling out any of my other handwork projects.  Since I unpacked my sewing room back in Feb/2022, I have stuck to it. One handwork at a time....it's not like I have any other hands to do more than the one at a time anyways...lol

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment