Saturday 25 May 2019

The last three blocks of Summertime Sampler

So, these are the last three blocks of the Summer Sampler wool applique wall hanging.  These were left for last, as they had the smallest pieces, the most colour and would be the most forgiving.  After all they are flowers and flowers could be any combination of colours.  I still stayed close to the original pattern for this first one, with the two tone leaves and white and red flowers.


With this next bouquet of flowers I changed it up some, to suit the colour pieces I had left.  I changed the pink bow for a turquoise one, to spread out my turquoise across the quilt. I am liking the change in direction that I achieved with the fabric weave of the turquoise.  It actually looks like the ribbon is twirling into a bow.  I am also liking the colourful flowers.


This next one, I did my own thing.  For the vase, I used turquoise, to spread out the colour and the leaves on the vase were done as singles, not halves.  For the leaves in the vase I decided that I didn't want the colourful half purple and half fuchsia and other colours.  Instead, the shape if the leaves reminded me of fall leaves, so I went with that theme.  I used various shades of orange, gold, brown and greens.  I think it turned out great.


There you have it!  All twelve blocks set up and ready to be hand stitched.  Doesn't it look gorgeous?  I really love it.  This is so different than anything that I've done before.  I like all of them, some maybe more than others, but I couldn't pick an absolute favourite.  It would be too hard.



Today, other than a customer quilt drop off, later in the afternoon, I have nothing pressing to do.  So with the rain poring down outside, I think I am going to just stay inside and try to work on my So Many Strings quilt units.

I finished all of the 252 neutral/light units a few days ago and I have 150 dark units done, with 270 dark units left to do.  I'm getting there......

Enjoy the day!!!  Keep warm and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment