Sunday 12 May 2019

Finished the drunkard's path quilt

The drunkard's path quilt was my American Patchworks & Quilting UFO challenge quilt for September/2018.  I did manage to complete the top in September, but it had to sit and wait in line to get quilted.

I finished quilting it in the beginning of October.  The year 2018 was a very good year productivity wise for me. Many quilts got done.  Many of the quilts were long time UFOs, lingering around for years, for some reason or another.  Last year was the year for me to get things together.  I had determination, focus and the desire necessary to see things through.  I am proud of that year.



I call this my spring quilt.  It's cheerful, soft pastel colours, with the majority of the fabrics being floral.



I continued with the feminine theme of the quilt and quilted this quilt using a feathered pantograph.  I love how it turned out.  It's a traditional quilt, done in your basic 40s style fabrics in a traditional layout.  Nothing fancy, new or modern about it, but I love it.  Don't get me wrong, because I also like modern quilts and anything in between, but I guess I am partial to traditional older looking quilts.

To celebrate this quilt finish, that I started in 2004, I decided to make a special label.  This label, is made with a doily that came to me as a gift with a pretty vase, from a dear aunt, many years ago.


My aunt Alice was very special to me.  Now I get to remember her and how special she was to me, every time I take out my spring quilt.  She was definitely loved by many.  She had that special bright and positive outlook and went out of her way to make you feel good.  I know on this day especially, Mother's Day, that her children miss her.  God bless.

To everyone out there in bloggerville, Happy Mother's Day.  If you are still fortunate to have your mother around, don't forget to hug her and tell her you appreciate everything she has done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment