Sunday 19 May 2019

Three more blocks done of Summertime Sampler

Today I thought I would show you another three wool appliqué blocks that the pieces are cut out and secured to the background fabric, waiting for me to do the handwork on them.  Mostly the handwork will be the button hole stitch, some French knots and back stitch for all the stems, vines and other details.


The first one, above, is the birdhouse, with two birds standing on top of it, while the vines are twirling up and around the birdhouse.  It really does not look like much right now, but once the details are added it will be pretty.

This second one, below, is a cottage house, with the light on, in the one room.  Flowers grow in a planter and a large flower vine arching over the cottage.


This last one is potted plants, with a shovel and a frog perched on one of the terracotta pots.


These blocks were fun to watch transform into colourful pictures.  I can't wait to see how pretty they will look, once I am done with all the handwork.  They are so pretty, with their bright colourful pieces.

Today, I have given myself until noon to play some more in my quilt room, but after that, I have to get in the garden to start the cleanup.  This morning I plan to play with all my strings on my So Many Strings quilt. Still have too many units and blocks to do, but I am having fun while sewing these mindless blocks.

Enjoy your day and take some time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment