Monday 13 May 2019

Gathering flowers quilt last block for this batch

During the Christmas holidays I made a lot of progress on my Gathering Flowers appliqué blocks.  Throughout the time since, I've shared them on my blog.  This month, the month of May, is the #4 for the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge.  For me, that is my Gathering Flowers quilt.

I've not taken it back out yet, as I feel I need to get some other things done first, but I do want to find time to work on it, as it is a quilt that lately I've wanted to have finished.  There is still a lot of work to be done on it and it will not happen in a month, that is for sure.  So....since I am not ready to take it out just yet, let me share with you the last block in the batch, that I worked on, during the Christmas holidays.

This is called blooming buds from page 70 of Mini Dietrich's Baltimore Basics book.  I've changed up the colours a bit, but essentially it's the same block.


It's different from most of the other blocks with that middle piece.  I'm not sure what that blue piece is to represent.  Maybe I vase?  I'm not sure, but I am doing it anyways.

I am thinking that later in the month, I may take at least one other block out, to play with the quilt and move it along just that little bit more.  We shall see....

In the meantime, I have many other things that I am trying to complete, to reduce my list to a more manageable number.  My list has gotten a bit out of hand lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment