Wednesday 8 May 2019

Finished my Xmas solstice star quilt

Christmas in May anyone?  I know I am late, but finally got some pictures of this quilt.  This is a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt pattern, called Celtic Solstice. I finished it back in November/2018.

This is my Christmas quilt, for my bed.  I am calling it Christmas solstice.  I quilted holly leaves edge to edge across the quilt in a green thread.


The back of the quilt was fabric I picked up years ago, when I initially thought of making myself a Christmas quilt.  I got 9 meters from the bolt as it was on sale.  The tag was still on and I gasped when I saw it.  Can you believe that I bought this bolt for only $2.49/meter.  Wow!!!  Can't get those kind of sales now a days.  It is good quality fabric too!


It was not a wide back, so I did have to piece it.  I decided to use up all the leftover units from the front, to make a strip going side to side horizontally.  Note that the small fist size dot above the strip, is not a defect.  It's the spot that touched the ground, while I was trying to get it out of the car and into the house.  That was the corner while it was folded up.  At the time it was raining.

You may not see it in the picture, but the binding is stripped candy canes, sewn on a diagonal.  I love using strips for binding.  They add a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment