Saturday 1 June 2019

Finished a pretty customer quilt

Wow!  It is the 1st of June already!  I can't believe it!  I've been so busy with my regular job and working overtime, with my business quilting and during the last few weekends in my backyard, hauling out clay, hauling in crushed stones and putting in walkways with drainage.  Today will be more of the same, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this particular path.

Once that is done I have to work at finishing the patio at the back of the house, the curbs along the side of the house, not to mention the weeding of the whole garden, distributing plants that have been put in a spot to hold until their garden was set up.  To say the least, there is still too much to do.

I thought I would share this beautiful quilt from a customer.  Teresa won all the fabrics (10 yards worth) as a door prize at her guilt.  What a treat!


She picked a lovely pattern to showcase all the lovely fabrics.  The pictures don't do the fabrics justice.  In person, the colours vibrate with brightness.  It was so cheerful working with this quilt.


To finish off the fabrics, Teresa decided to piece the backing.  Down the middle she pieced a lot of the smaller stripes that were left from making the blocks.  That's the way to be frugal.  She is now only left with very small pieces/scraps and other than the background and batting, this whole quilt was free to make for her.


I personally like pieced backing.  I get a kick out of it.  After admiring the front of the quilt, the anticipation builds, just to see what was done for the backing.  To me, a pieced backing, is like having a second choice for what goes upside on the bed.  Sometimes you may want the quilt and other times you may feel like you want the back instead.

The whole quilt turned out beautiful.  When she showed it at the guild, the other day, there were a lot of ahhhh and ohhhs.  Great job Teresa!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment