Tuesday 30 January 2018

Finished quilting a quilt for the Guild, a charity quilt

Yesturday, I finished the label for my Christmas pineapple blossom quilt and today I am back to tacking down the binding, by hand.  Rather than show you boring pictures if that, I thought I would share this finish from a couple of weeks ago.

This is a quilt, a member of the Halton Hill Quilting Guild made and I quilted it.  It's colourful and will cheer up anyone who is lucky enough to receive it.  The colours are a bit brighter than what you see in the pictures.  The blocks are basically the same with four blocks of yellow, four of green, four of blue and four of red, sewn together in a strip and attached to each other.

The strips are not always in the same placement and each colour has different fabrics.  A true scrappy quilt.  This will help clear out some of the scraps.  Once the blocks were made, the blocks were sashed with a black fabric with grey polka-dots.


If you look closely in the picture above, I flipped the backing up, so you could see the cute backing they provided for the quilt.  My daughter and I love the cheerfulness of the backing.  It matches well with the rainbow of colours on the front.

This next picture is of one block, so you could see the individual squares that make up the block.  If memory serves me, the squares finished at 2 1/2". 


Here is a closer look at the individual units that make up the blocks.  You can see the quilting a bit better.


I enjoyed quilting this quilt.  The patterns I used are becoming second nature to me.  It's just a simple design, but looks lovely on small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment