Sunday 21 January 2018

Progress on my Xmas pineapple blossom quilt

I have been disconnected from electronics and getting so much done.  You know, it is so easy to get sucked into what is going on in other people's lives on Facebook, blogger, Pinterest and everywhere else, that before you know it, a few hours has gone by.

I instead, replaced the electronics time with productivity on my sewing machine.  I got all the remaining blocks done.  It took me a few days, but I enjoyed making these blocks and admiring the variations, that the time spent was painless.


The next day, after I completed all the blocks, I was running on excitement energy.  I started putting the rows together.  Here are the bottom four rows.  Now only six more to go.  I needed to get some of this done, as I needed to have something to bring, when I went looking for a border.


That was last Sunday.  I am still deciding to be disconnected from the electronics.  I have only one and a halve weeks before this quilt needs to be done.  I will show you another post soon of what I did this past week. 

The American Patchwork & Quilting challenge is so far keeping me motivated.  I went on the Facebook group today, to see how things were going.  So many people across the country are involved and showing their work.  Soooooo much progress and encouragement from everyone participating.  There are some lovely quilts and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment