Monday 1 January 2018

Finished quilting the crazy rainbow blocks NICU quilt

One of my finishes for 2017 that only needed binding, is now done.  This quilt was so fun to do.  I really want to make another.  

These blocks were made using my smallest of scraps, referred to as crumbs.  I colour sorted my crumbs. Blue, green, red, pink and orange/yellow combined.  I made the blocks the size of my foundations, which measured 6 1/2" square.  Once the foundations were covered with scraps, I trimmed the blocks and cut them into quarters, and added sashing and borders.  Can't get easier than that.


I think it's pretty.  I love the rainbow of colours against the white.  The colourful stripes on the binding really offset the blocks nicely.


This is the back of the quilt.  I used this quilt to practice doing swirls.  I am getting better each time I practice.  I am still working on getting round circles and pointy points.  I'm getting there.


Here is a closeup of the blocks.  Look at all those small pieces.  These blocks only measure 2 1/2" square, so that makes for small crumbs.  Most of the blocks have about seven pieces in them, but one of them, I know I counted nine.  Nine pieces in a 2 1/2" square....that's small. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment