Monday 15 January 2018

Finished the Canadian Northwind quilt

I finished, just in time to end the year of 2017.  This is my red and white quilt to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.  The only thing that was left was the binding, which I finished recently.  I waited until I was at my mom's place to take the pictures.  She has more space to spread out the quilt.


What do you think?  I like it.  I especially like all the various shades of red.  This has got to be the fastest quilt, of this size, that I have started and completed, in only one year.


Above is a picture of one of the corners, turned back over the backing.  I really like the texture the quilting gives the quilt and I also really like the striped binding on a diagonal.


This is a picture of the backing.  The pantograph is of maple leaves and swirls.  Fitting for my Canadian quilt.  The design is called Maple Syrup from Willow Leaf Studio.  It's pretty and from what I heard, it's also a popular pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment