Monday 28 December 2015

Working on my daughter's sixteen-patch pinwheel quilt

Yesturday I finished all the quilting on my daughter's sixteen-patch pinwheel quilt.  Unfortunately, because the quilt is so multi coloured you cannot see the actual quilting.  You can see it up close, but it is difficult to photograph.


You can't see very well the large block, but the picture below is of a corner which shows one quarter of the quilting design that makes up the full block design.  In the picture below you can also see the small border.  My daughter asked that I intercept the side border with two large chain loops in the top and bottom borders.  It took a bit of maneuvering to manage it, but I made it work.


Yesturday, after cleaning out and sorting all my fat quarters, I than trimmed the quilt, made the binding and attacked the binding to the quilt.  Now I need to find some time to tack down the binding.  My daughter expects the full service quilting on this one. You will have to excuse my bright green track pants.  I was getting comfy.


We've only had our puppy (Maddie) for a week and a couple of days. Initially she was barely able to see over her toy basket.  Now she can check out what is in it and retrieve it.


She not only checks things out in her basket......sometimes she even gets right in it.  Soooooo cute.


Maddie is a Vizsla.  She is now nine and a half weeks old.  She is very energetic when she is awake and gets into everything, literally.  She is a very affectionate little puppy and does not want to be separated from her people at all, for any length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment