Sunday 6 December 2015

Another floret done and a mini quilt

I have been busy plastering and painting the laundry room.  It's coming together. It is difficult around this time of year to get much done, with special lunches, dinners, Christmas shopping and last minute gift making.  But we keep plugging away and somehow it all gets done.

I managed to get this floret finished while having my tea yesturday morning at 6:00 am before I started into the ceiling paint.


Today though was a lost cause on trying to get to the laundry room.  Couldn't get too involved, as I had to take my son out to get pants and a winter snowsuit. So.......in the meantime I spent some time in my quilt room cleaning, sorting and cutting up scraps. Half of the contents of the laundry room are in my quilt room at the door, it is starting to dive me bonkers.  I can't wait to finish the laundry room.  I am stating to feel claustrophobic. 

While cleaning up in my quilting room, I came across this little mini quilt.  It used to hang in my quilt room before I painted and moved things around.  For a while now it has been laying in a cupboard.  I offered it to my daughter-in-law if she wanted it.  So, it is being shipped to New Brunswick, where it will be used and appreciated.


Here is a picture of a close up.   There is not much quilting that can be done on such a small quilt.  These red blocks are only 1/2" square.  The whole quilt measures 10" X 14 1/2".  This is my second mini quilt that I made.  This one was made sometime near Valentine's Day, hence the red and white, plus the hearts quilted in the small border.


While I was cleaning, I also came across some fabric that I picked up in colours for my sister.  I will tell you more in another post.  Let's just say that this is the last minute gift making.

No comments:

Post a Comment