Tuesday 8 December 2015

Musings, not all quilt related

I am taking a few minutes before going to bed to calm my thoughts.

This time of year gets the thoughts going, with the end of the year and the question of "What have I done?".  I know, how original, the words in a song.  But this time of year, these words are so up front and personal.  I believe everyone goes through these thoughts.  You know, at the end of the year, before the New Year.  All the reflections and New Years resolutions.

Well with everything that has gone on this year, outside of my quilting life, I am "blank?".  I do t know?  I am trying to continue, still setting goals, loving my family, yet I feel suspended.  Waiting....  For what, I do not know.

Right now my immediate goals are trying to get into the Christmas mood, for my children and everyone around me.  It is hard though, with my father's resent passing......

I watched a movie tonight called Christmas in handcuffs.  Sounds kinky, but it's not.  It's a weird movie about a woman that resorts to kidnapping a man to pretend he is her boyfriend in order to please/impress her parents/family.  Funny in a weird way, but also sad that the woman gets caught up in a world that is really not hers.  Trying to impress/appease her parents instead of standing strong and being her true self.  Kind of corny, but sometimes you just need a frivolous type of pass time. 

Anyways..... I am going though some kind of funk and trying to get make my way though it.

Just to keep this post quilting related, I am heading into work tomorrow with two donation quilts.

This Christmas, we (everyone in our department at work) are making several donations to a bunch of children, by donating toys/present to each child, for Christmas.  Plus we are sponsoring a couple of families.  

I offered some of my quilts if they/work organizers, felt it appropriate to give as a gift for the cause.  In the end it was decided that two of the quilts would be used for one of the sponsored families.  

This one will be for the two year old girl.  The backing is in a pink design.



And this one, which is larger will be for the Eleven year old girl.  The backing is black with a two tone purple design.


I hope the children like them and find comfort in them. 

Hoping everyone Is finding comfort where they can and making the best of the upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment