Wednesday 30 December 2015

What's in a couple of hours?

Well, let me tell you what can be accomplished in a couple of hours.  The following pineapple block was already started.  I had the red centre, the first round of light, a dark round and another round of lights.  In one hour I was able to complete this pineapple block with the three rounds of dark, two rounds of light and the final points in green and blue.

So, in the two hours that I had, between my shift of babysitting the puppy, I got two pineapple blocks done.  Doesn't seem like much, but it is more progress than I had the day before.  These two blocks now need to be trimmed down and paper removed.


Yesturday, while I was going through some of my saved favorite links, I came across Bonnie's addicted to scraps blocks.  I wrote this one up to do shortly.  I still have some cute kiddy type strips that I need to do something with.  I have decided to trim them to use in this block.  I can also use up some of my 2" strips in the drawer.  It will make for a nice charity give away quilt.

Now, as I finish my quilts and trim down my left overs, not only can I cut up the scraps into Monkey wrench pieces, but also into pieces for this pattern.  This pattern will make chains across the quilt with little dark chains running on a diagonal up to the right and bigger dark chains running on a diagonal up to the left.


While the puppy sleeps I have been working on my friend Flo's hexagon quilt.  Right now I am sewing the edges in envelope style before I can finish quilting the hexagons on the edge.  So far I have three sides complete.  I should have this one done by the end of the year. That leaves only tomorrow!!!

I am getting ready to do inventory of what I got done, what is left to do and what it is that I really want to get done.  I have already picked out my top twelve quilts.  These will be the ones that I most want done in 2016.  A couple of the quilts belong to my cousin, some are charity give away quilts, others are for family and some will be to finally finish some of my own.  All this between a few other quilts that I know of, that are coming, to be quilted for friends.

2016 looks like it will be a very busy year.  I am up for it, you just have to keep rolling along.

No comments:

Post a Comment