Monday 21 December 2015

Extra ordinary quilting inspiration, continues

I was browsing through some images on Google, trying to get some quilting inspiration.  There are some really amazing quilters out there.  One date when I get a long arm of my own, I hope to get to this level of quilting.  These few examples that I saved are only a small fraction of what is out there.


The first images is of a modern quilt with what looks like large prints and solids.  The person that quilted this quilt decided to treat every area separately.  The middles/large prints are done with loops to fill the space, and the surrounding areas were quilted with different fillers.  What I thought was really nice was the light blue areas that were all done the same with an echo, little pebbles and another echo.  This pattern kind or frames the circles and emphasis the shape. Very pretty.


The image above was, I though, very unique.  This is also a modern quilt.  The quilter decided not to follow the design or blocks of the quilt and go with a zig zag all the way across the quilt.  She did the zig zags in varying widths with a version of feathers between the large spaces and chains or pebbles between some of the small spaces. Very effective quilting.  Absolutely gorgeous.


We have a beautiful example of using a feather design to fill in a corner space.  I like the flow of this feather.  It make the simple yet beautiful quilt stand out a bit more.  

For this next design, I think I am going to change up a little to make it better for machine quilting.  So, that you don't have to cross back over a quilted line to get to the next destination.  There are not many feather designs out there for the diamond shape. I felt that this one also had a nice flow to it.


With the new little puppy around here, it is difficult to find the time to do quilting.  Though my daughter looked after the puppy all day yesturday, so that I could work on quilting her quilt.  I have 2/3 of the centre done.  Once I am done that, I will be left with the two borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment