Saturday 12 September 2015

Tiny Town block number seven is now done

I'm just getting to take a break now.  My son is off to bed, my daughter is getting ready for bed, as she works early tomorrow morning. Dishwasher is set to go on in the night, the washer and dryer are now hooked up, in position and working to catch up on the laundry, and the self cleaning oven is cleaning.  I have individual shepherds pie out of the oven cooling off to be wrapped and frozen for a quick lunch or dinner for the kids.

It took me most of the day to get the washer and dryer going, after three trips to Home Depot to get the correct pieces for the plumbing.  The first trip I also looked into track lighting for my quilting room and found some hall lights that are very similar to the ones I wanted from online.

Made a trip to my parent's place for a little visit.  Will be back there tomorrow to help my mom upholster a couple of chairs.  One is hers and one is mine.

I wanted to share with you what I did during the "me" time, on Friday.  I didn't do any work here, I really needed some time to zone out.  So, on Friday I started an audio book and did a lot of handwork.

Tiny Town block number seven is now done.  It took a while, but late is better than not at all.  I did this bird house block a little while ago, not sure if I showed it you.


This next one I had mostly done, but I needed to finish all the final stitch work.  I added the vine above the house and did the grids on all the house windows.  Doesn't look like much, but it did take some time to complete.


I worked on the fire house.  The firehouse was also mostly done.  I needed to finish the black stitching on the building and add the owl's wings, eyes and beak.


Once they were done I pressed all the blocks.  I measured and cut them to finished size.  I sewed the three blocks together and added the green strip at the bottom.  Now, block number seven is done.


I have a meeting for this class next week Saturday.  That is when we are to have block number nine and five completed.  Well, that won't be happening here.  I do have one and a half sections done of block number nine, that I also completed on Friday, but there is still a lot to be done to finish the whole block.  I will do what I can.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment