Sunday 13 September 2015

Carol's twist quilt with yo-yos

When I went to the Quilting Bee on Wednesday I took some pictures of the quilts that were brought in finished.  My friend Carol brought in two.  This is one of them.

This quilt is about twin size.  The name of the quilt is twist ?? something.  I forgot already.  Sorry.  Carol did her quilting by hand on this one.  I like the soft colours.  I really like the border fabric she used.


This is a close up.  Here you can see the quilting better.  Carol did a flower in each hexagon shape and three leaves/loops in the side half square shape.  When she was done, she felt that the quilt was a bit plain and the fabric colour did not stand out enough, so she decided to add in the yo-yos. 


It's a different touch and when I look at the whole quilt picture above I can see what she meant.  It does add that finishing touch to the quilt.

Great job Carol!!  As usual.  Carol is particular about her work and it shows in the workmanship.  Carol has gotten quite a number if quilt projects done in the last couple of years.  She is on a mission to finish as much as she can and clear them off her list, or should I say add them to her list.  Carol doesn't have a list of projects she has to do, like me.  She feels there are too many to list, so instead she is writing them down as she finishes them.  Your doing great Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment