Monday 7 September 2015

Busy but not with quilting

I am still around. Busy getting things done, but most are not quilty.  I added the binding for Flo's baby quilt, but cannot share that yet.  I also started quilting my daughter's 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  Pictures for that will come later when I have it done. Otherwise busy with many other things.

This week I am on holidays. Started off my holidays at Mom's doing the tomatoes.  I bought four bushels.  Two were made into marinara sauce, which came to 84 (500ml) jars. One and a quarter was made into diced tomatoes, which came to 41 (1 litre) jars.  The last three quarters was made into tomato sauce, which only came to 12 (1 litre) jars.  Both days were full, but made easier with the help of my Mom, my children and my spouse.  Everyone pitching in made a huge difference in how long it took.  Because of all the help we finished in two days instead of three.

Today, the Monday of this Labour Day weekend, I did a lot of labour.  My husband, my son and I worked on the laundry room.  We started by emptying the room.  The washer and dryer are in the hall and the sink in my downstairs bathroom.  We managed to remove the two layers of flooring and the subfloor.  I took out a partial wall, an old milk box and duct tape closing off holes from previous dryer air vents.  I patched up ALL the holes.  There is plaster everywhere, but still looking better than all the holes.  I look forward to having the holes all plastered, primed and painted.

Tomorrow I work alone on installing the cement boards for the subfloor for the ceramic tiles that I will be put in the next day.

This week there will not be much quilt pictures, because I really need to get things done around here. I have to finish off some renovations.  They have been hanging over my head for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment