Thursday 10 September 2015

Flo's baby quilt

It is now safe to show you my friend Flo's baby quilt.  This is her first finished quilts.  She has a few quilts on the go, but this is the first finished quilt.  She did a great job.  The quilt is so pretty.  This quilt is going to Flo's first grandchild, due sometime around the 19th.


All the blocks are appliquéd. And some of them even have 3D parts, like this bunnies dress collar.  With the stippling that I did, it helped the appliqué stand out more and the outline quilting around the bunny and her arms helped make the collar stand out a bit more.


I sewed on the binding by machine, so now Flo just needs to tack it down by hand.  The binding is the same colour as the sashings.  As the fabric was a plaid, I decided to make it a bias binding.  I like a plaid on the diagonal.  It adds movement.


Today I will take the quilt over to Flo's place and show her how to finish off the binding.  After that it is back to work on my laundry room floor.  Yesturday I finished laying down the tile, so today, anytime after 5:00 pm I can start grouting.  Yay!!!  I will have a major part of the room done.

No comments:

Post a Comment