Sunday 20 September 2015

Progress on Tiny Town block number nine

Today I was able to finish two sections of block number nine.  Yay!!!  I only have one more section with had the schoolhouse.  This first one is the library.  It needs to be ironed, but you get the idea.  On Saturday I worked a bit on it.  I added the two left windows and the outlined details.  All that was left to do was the outline of the last two windows.  So, that is what I started with this morning while having my tea.


I started the swing section.  This block goes right beside the schoolhouse.  This one was pretty easy.  Even though easy it still took some time.  I finished around 2:00 pm and was working on both of them since 8:00 am.  Appliqué is not the type of quilt you want to choose when you have a deadline and want to have a quick finish.


I went to IKEA after dropping my daughter off at work later in the afternoon.  I picked up a drew thing on wheels for my quilt room.  I am going to attach my small ironing board to it for when I am sewing and need to press my blocks.  The one I have now is on a dinner tray, that is not very sturdy nor easy to move around when I need to get into my sewing machine table drawers.  I will have to show you when I am done.

It is getting late now and I am just waiting for the food on the BBQ to have dinner.  I bit late, so I don't think I will get anything else quilty wise done today.  I am glad for what I did get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment