Thursday 11 June 2015

Stars lap quilt

I found another quilt I made.  I had forgotten about this one.  It sits on the back of my chair in my guest room/sitting room.  I sit in this chair often while I do my handwork.  The reason I forgot about it is that I my Sewing Machine Appliqué wall hanging that I am working on, is draped over top of this quilt.  I haven't worked on the wall hanging since....well I don't know how long, but a very long time. I think it hasn't been since before last summer when I received a couple of boxes to sort out and make or quilt some quilts.

This quilt was started back in Jan/05 and was finished in Dec/10.  This quilt was something that got started from the sample squares mail out.

There used to be a store in St. Jacobs, Ontario that you could sign up to receive a 2 1/2" square from each of the fabrics they got in during the month. Some of them came to me by mail each month.  Maybe about a year into it, the store announced that they were closing.  They had a big going out of business sale.

That's when I picked up some more packages of these muddied greens, browns, blacks, reds and some blues.  I rounded out the squares with some fat quarters that I picked up at Quilter's Fancy and started making the quilt.  The start date is from the time I started collecting the fabric, until I finished quilting the quilt.


I like how the blocks go right into the border and the middle of the quilt seems to float on the border. I used a autumn themed flannel black fabric for the backing.  Below is a picture of a close up.  On the right is the black border fabric. 


This was an easy quilt to make.  I figure I may make it again, this time with brighter colours.  The lap size quilt is a great size for give away quilts.

I will have to do some more thinking.  Maybe I have a couple of other quilts hiding around that I forgot about, though I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment