Friday 26 June 2015

Carol's Log Cabin quilt

Today is Friday, the last day of the week before my holidays.  I will be off with the kids next week doing various day trips here and there.  Looking forward to the time off. As usual I am also hoping to get lots done.

At the last quilt bee meeting I took pictures of some work that my friend Carol had done or is working on.  She has an ambitious goal of completing all her projects.  She has many tubs full of various things an different stages of completion, from when she owned a store front, quilt store.

This beautiful lap size quilt uses eight log cabin blocks.  There is quite a distinction between the darks and the lights that the design really pops out.  I like the main grey colour that she used with the subtle orange.  I've noticed lately that grey is coming back in, in a big way.  Since I've started quilting twelve years ago, I rarely noticed grey on the shelves in the quilt stores.  Now I am seeing whole shelves filled with grey.


Very nice Carol.  Your quilt is beautiful!

Pay attention to the fabric on this quilt, because tomorrow I will show you a couple of other quilts Carol has made with the left over fabric.  Same fabric, but completely different quilts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment