Saturday 28 January 2023

Today's progress on the Kaleidoscope quilt

Today turned out to be a nice day.  Relaxing and productive at the same time.  I had some customer quilt drop offs and pickups in the morning, into the afternoon.  By the time the last one left, I didn't feel much like getting into quilting on the longarm.  Instead I decided to take it easy and do some piecing on one of my UFOs.

Since I already finished the January's quilt, that is part of the American Patchwork and quilting 2023 UFO challenge, I just picked another UFO from the list.  These are my kaleidoscope blocks.  To keep this real, I've been working on them now for a few days, after dinner for an hour or so, and that was only to put the sashing on less than 1/2 of the blocks.  At this point in the day, when the picture was taken, I had all the blocks on the left hand side complete and ready to layout.  The blocks on the right hand side needed to be trimmed and the last chocolate brown sashing on the top to be attached.


Later in the day, I trimmed the previous sashing and here is a picture of the last sashing going on.  Since this picture, I managed to get all the sashings attached and trimmed.  I even laid out the blocks on the design floor with their matching halves.  By this time it is now 5:00 pm and time to quit for a bit, as I have to take my daughter places.


Now, I am back, the day is done and I am happy with the progress I was able to make on these.  I didn't get a picture of the blocks laid out, so that will come later in another post, when I again have some time to work on this quilt.

In between customer visits, I was going through my pictures on my tablet and came across this one. Sharing a photo of my four legged baby girl.  Isn't she cute!  Meet Maddie.  She is a very high energy Vizsla and she is sooooo cute.  This picture was taking at lest a few years ago.  I can tell because those are the new wood floors I installed just before we were getting ready to put the house up for sale.  Already I can see how much she has matured in looks and she gained a few pounds too (which the vet wants her to loose).


Hope everyone had a great day too!!  Take care and don't forget to take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment