Sunday 29 January 2023

Elaine's wolf panel quilt

Today I thought I would share with you another quilt from Elaine.  Elaine started with a panel of two wolves roaming in the night.  I'm not sure if this was a kit or not, but the border treatments are fabulous.  

I love the layering of the borders and how they are not all the same.  It still has the appearance of being symmetrical with the center of the design on a diagonal through the panel.  This makes each opposite corner the same.  The use of dark blue to highlight some of the elements really sets them off.   The second last border of mountain majesty blocks, which is only added to the top and bottom, both add length to the quilt, and help frame the centre.


This quilt was made for some special to her family, who is needing the comfort of a hug and knowing someone is thinking about him.  Elaine did a great job of putting this quilt together.  The quilting on this quilt is Navajo slider.

Interesting facts, not quilting related, at this time back in Jan/2021:   The rush is still on to get the house ready to be put on the market.  I am still packing and decluttering things.  I finished painting the basement and installed the flooring in the basement. Other than finishing touches the basement is almost done.  I also moved to my son's room to finish the baseboards and painting the doors, baseboards and trims. 

No comments:

Post a Comment