Wednesday 16 May 2018

The 1st NICU hearts quilt

I receives 20 cream coloured blocks with a red heart, off centred fused to each of them.  I held on to these heart blocks for a while, as I didn't know what I wanted to do with them.  When I started making NICU quilts, these blocks came to mine.

I didn't want to make a full size quilt with them, I was racking my brain trying to figure out just what to do with them.  Eventually I came across a picture that I kept of a quilt that I wanted to make.  The alternating blocks below is like an Irish chain block, but with a larger square in the centre.

When I thought of this block, I took the heart squares out to play.  As it turns out, I have enough heart blocks to make two of these NICU quilts and a larger child size quilt.  They will all have alternating red chain blocks.  This one has little heart motifs in the red.  The next on has bears and the last one I am doing it in scrappy reds.
  

I had a bit of time to play on my longarm and decided to get this one done.  I did this one using a pantograph call Whole Lotta Love from Urban Elementz.  I used a fun periwinkle coloured glide thread to add some interest to all the cream area.  I like how cheerful it looks.  So pretty!




Once I get the label on it, I'll have another one for Project Linus.

No comments:

Post a Comment