Tuesday 29 May 2018

May's 3-way BOM blocks are done

Sunday was our monthly meeting of the South-Central Ontario Stitchers group.  It was another great meeting.  Comradery amongst the group is good with everyone eager to learn and meet others in the same field.  Quilting can be isolating, as it is generally done alone, but getting together with likeminded people is really nice.

When I got home from the meeting I was so energized that I decided to finish making my three blocks for May.  Just in time!

Just a reminder, the blocks are part of the 3 Way Block Sampler Quilt, by Tracey Russel from Whirls n Swirls in Oshawa.

This first blocks is the modern version.


This next one is the traditional block.


And this last one is the freehand option.


I am doing these blocks to expand on my quilting skills and learn more techniques.  Tracey is providing numerous options in all the different quilting styles, which will help expand our repertoire of free motion designs.

I've been checking out the Facebook group and I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's fabric choices. What a variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment