Thursday 24 May 2018

Did more of To Grandmother's House We Go

I am still, from time to time, finding some time to sit and sew.  Mostly I've been catching up on all the binding I need to do, but I did get a bit further on this scene from To Grandmother's House We Go.


While I work away on this winter scene, I am constantly thinking about the flowers and fragrances in my garden.  This time of year I am torn between sharing my time with my passion for quilting and for my gardens.  The days are now more beautiful outside.  The weather is not yet too hot.  

While we were getting my mom settled into her new home for the past two years, my plans for my gardens have been at a standstill.  This year will be the year to get some things done.  I have already started with making a walkway, just to the right of this garden.  If you enlarge the picture, you may see the path that I started, where my baby girl/Maddie is standing.


Without enlarging the picture, I am sure everyone caught sight of the Muskoka chairs.  Thanks to my daughter who was bored one day and decided to paint them for me.  I bought the paint last year, hoping to get the chairs painted.  I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and go with a wild or flashy colour.  I think I have achieved it with this colour........lol!  They are definitely a focal point.

I was drawn outside to take this picture while I was letting Maddie out for a bit.  I was standing just inside the door, when I took in a deep breath of the fresh air and caught a whiff of this pretty lilac bush.  This bush is still young.  I planted it I believe three years ago, maybe four.  This year is the first year for the abundant blooms.  My garden plans have been at a standstill for a couple of years, but the plants have not been.  My gardens have really started filling in.

I am liking it!  Soon I may be able to enjoy both passions.  Relaxing out in the garden and doing some handwork.  Wishful thinking at this point, as there is still a lot to do in the garden, but one can dream, can't they.....

No comments:

Post a Comment