Sunday 6 May 2018

All blocks done for French Braid star

I got all my blocks done for the French Braid Star quilt.  Once I got into the rhythm of constructing the block, it went well.  I was finished in no time at all.  I've decided what I am going to do for the borders, but will have to order some more grey background fabric to do it.


I like the way it is turning out.  This quilt is going to be a giveaway to one of my nieces, at some point or another.  I just haven't nailed down which one would like a more modern looking quilt.

Earlier today I went to Michael's to pick up my framed cross-stitch.  It turned out beautiful.  I like how the simple frame brings out some of the colour in the cross-stitch.


This week my am is to finish making the top from the April's UFO challenge.  I have only the peek-a-boo border and the last border to put on, to call it complete.  I already have the backing and the quilting design picked out, so once I get some time, I can also quilt it up.  I am looking forward to it.

I sit here today evaluating my list of quilts to do.  I have quite a few left to do. I am now back up to thirty-five.  I was doing well for a bit, but so far this year I have already added another eight quilts to the list.  On paper it does not look too good, as I only have five completed.  However, I have made a lot of progress on a few of the quilts.

I can thank the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge for my progress.  Though I did get distracted with a bunch of starts, I did make good progress on quilts from the list, that otherwise would not even have been looked at.

Let's see what I can do to make some of these quilts move to the completed status.

No comments:

Post a Comment