Friday 24 November 2017

The last two Dresden plate blocks

Some time along the way between everything else, I found a bit of time to slowly work on these last two Dresden plate blocks.  It's hard to believe they are done....    


I don't know whether I am happy to have them done or sorry that I will not be working with them anymore.  I enjoyed so much working with these old fabrics.  Most of the fabrics are cheerful.  The patterns are so unique and the texture of the fabric so different.  As I would appliqué them by hand, I'd admire the different fabrics and wonder about the people who may have worn garments made of some of them.


Now to iron all the blocks, trim them to size and assemble the quilt top.  But.....that will have to wait a while.  I have other priorities.

Soon though....   

No comments:

Post a Comment