Saturday 25 November 2017

More progress on the hexagon quilt

Here we are again, making more progress on my hexagon quilt.  This piece is the bottom row of hexagons.  I was so inspired by the progress that I made from the previous post, that this time I just took some time to sit and sew on this.  I needed the break from all the demands of my time.  
  

I got the corner unit done, plus the two units needed to finish the length of this red gingham floret. That is where I ended.  I folded and pinned the row to the design wall behind my chair, and that is where it will stay, until I can make more units.  

It may be a while, but one at a time they will get done.  In the meantime, I am still trying to take in all that I learned through the online Quilt Path coarse that I took.  I am saving this picture for future reference.  I want to make this pattern and try it on a quilt.  I believe it is called basket weave.


There was soooooo much to learn.  My head is still spinning.  The great part of the online coarse, is that we still have access to all the class material.  The instructor recorded all the classes and saved them, for use, for future needs.  She knew we would not be able to retain the extensive amount of information that is covered in class.  This way, when we have a need for a particular technique, we can just bring up that video and review it to jog our memories.

The coarse was well worth the money.  All the information we covered, will help us maximize the Quilt Path, helping us be productive and more proficient.  We also covered ideas on how to work through different quilting challenges.  Angela, the instructor, was knowledgeable, professional, patient, and willingly shared her own experiences, in her business adventures, in hopes to help us with our own journeys.

Thank you so much Angela, you would make a very good mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment