Monday 13 November 2017

Progress on my hexagon quilt

Slowly, one at a time, throughout everything else that has been going on, I have been working on my hexagons.  More off than on, but still puttering away on them.  One day not so long ago, I am sitting in my chair, beside the design wall, and look up to see, that even though it has been slow going, I managed to have a good chunk done. 


I have part of a corner done, minus the final borders.  A while back, I believe I showed you the container of pieces all sorted out in groups of diamond, corners, triangles etc.  Well, I wanted to do one of each.  I made a diamond, as seen above, and a side diamond, plus a top triangle diamond.  Add the white row between them and you have the inside corner done.

As this quilt centre is primarily diamonds, it will be easier to assemble on a diagonal.  It's best to make all the full diamonds and attach the bottom left side to the next diamond's top right side, all the way down the row, and add the floret that corresponds to that row.

However, as I have decided to add in another full outer border and a final purple small border, I am giving the centre a rest.  I am going back to the already completed top and bottom rows of florets, to add in the final two borders.

If you look closely at the picture, just above my armor, you will see two pieces of outer border already attached to the top two florets that are attached to the centre diamond piece.  I am calling the whole centre piece the mothership.

It is certainly coming along.  Slowly and one at a time, but nonetheless, it is progressing.

Enjoy your day everyone and make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment