Tuesday 21 November 2017

More progress on the hexagon quilt border

Since the last picture of my hexagon quilt, much more time has passed, and I have rearranged my design wall.  I took down everything, or rather, my daughter took down everything.  

We were sitting in my quilting room enjoying our tea and chat time, when I told her, that the next time I get some time for me, I want to declutter my design wall.  

The wall was getting congested, just like I was feeling, with too many pokers in the fire, and I am not only referring to quilting wise.  My daughter, who like her parents, likes to putter and organize things, so she decided she wanted to help take everything down and rearrange them.

She even took down my monkey wrench blocks......I am still not sure how I feel about that, but for now I have left them in the jar, where she put them, until I have time to start them back up.

Since the last picture, you may have noticed that I got two more final border pieces done, and have attached them to the mothership.  The purple border is two hexagons wide, but once all quilted and trimmed, it will be closer in size to the borders surrounding the floret row.


You might also notice that the top row of florets is no longer on the design wall.  That is so I can make the final border pieces.  As the top row is all in one piece, it will be easier to finish it, and put the whole thing back up.  I haven't started on that yet though.

While taking everything off, my daughter took all the miscellaneous bits and pieces of florets and placed them at the bottom of the design wall, in the corner, behind my chair.


Here I have four small florets started, one lefthand side floret unit for later down the side, and four righthand side floret units waiting their turn to be attached to the mothership.  These units were made while I was waiting around for people or appointments.  They are the pieces that were in my "grab and go" bag.

I always have stuff ready to take along, when I know I will be waiting around.  That is how stuff gets done.  It helps pass the time and keeps me sane at the same time. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment